Role-playing video games are video games where the player controls the actions of a character (and/or several party members) immersed in some well-defined world, like Heroes of Might and Magic. In RPGs players control a central game character, or multiple game characters, usually called a party, and attain victory by completing a series of quests or reaching the conclusion of a central storyline, as in Mount & Blade. Players explore a game world while solving puzzles and engaging in tactical combat. A key feature of role-playing games is that characters grow in power and abilities, and characters are typically designed by the player. RPGs rarely challenge a player's physical coordination or reaction time, with the exception of action role-playing games, one of them is Far Cry 3.
Role-playing video games typically rely on a highly developed story and setting, which is divided into a number of quests. Players control one or several RPG characters by issuing commands, which are performed by the character at an effectiveness determined by that character's numeric attributes, as The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Often these attributes increase each time a character gains a level, and a character's level goes up each time the player accumulates a certain amount of experience. RPGs also typically attempt to offer more complex and dynamic character interaction than what is found in other video game genres.
Due to the high popularity of these games all the gamers go to websites where they can download free role-playing games or buy role-playing games. There are a lot of role-playing games for PC, but also many such games were released exclusively for consoles, like Bloodborne.
Role-playing games Games by genres
- Action (1255)Traditional (461)Action-adventure (335)Survival horror (166)Third-person shooter (129)Games for kids (48)Survival (15)Maze (4)Party (1)
- RPG (702)Shooter (421)Sports (316)Turn-based strategy (157)Flight (110)Tower Defense (31)Real-time tactics (15)Card games (3)
- Simulation (700)First-person shooter (419)Real-time strategy (284)Indie (156)Economic Simulation (108)Extreme sports (7)The Visual novel (2)
- Adventure (640)Puzzle (373)Platformer (225)Online Games (150)Stealth (81)Hunting (19)
- Strategy (532)Racing (342)Fighting (193)Arcade (131)Life simulation game (61)Shoot 'em up (17)Neo-noir (4)Thriller (1)