Indie games is not quite a genre of video games. An independent video game (commonly referred to as an indie game) is a video game that is created without the financial support of a publisher, like Goat Simulator. Indie games often focus on innovation and rely on digital distribution. Indie games saw a rise in the latter half of the 2000s, primarily due to new online distribution methods and development tools. Some indie games have been very successful financially, such as Terraria. A lot of indie games took their start on Kickstarter, and indie games are becoming more and more popular each year.
Due to the high popularity of these games all the gamers go to websites where they can download free indie games or buy indie games. There are a lot of indie games for PC, but also many such games were released exclusively for consoles.
Indie games Games by genres
- Action (1255)Traditional (461)Action-adventure (335)Survival horror (166)Third-person shooter (129)Games for kids (48)Survival (15)Maze (4)Party (1)
- RPG (702)Shooter (421)Sports (315)Turn-based strategy (157)Flight (110)Tower Defense (31)Real-time tactics (15)Card games (3)
- Simulation (699)First-person shooter (419)Real-time strategy (284)Indie (156)Economic Simulation (108)Extreme sports (7)The Visual novel (2)
- Adventure (640)Puzzle (373)Platformer (225)Online Games (150)Stealth (81)Hunting (19)
- Strategy (532)Racing (342)Fighting (193)Arcade (131)Life simulation game (61)Shoot 'em up (17)Neo-noir (4)Thriller (1)