Fighting games are video games in which the player controls an on-screen character and engages in close combat with an opponent, which can be either an AI or controlled by another player, as in Injustice: Gods Among Us. Fight matches in fighting games typically consist of several rounds and take place in an arena, while each character has widely differing abilities, like Tekken 5, but each is relatively viable to choose. Players in fighting games must master techniques such as blocking, counter-attacking, and chaining attacks together into "combos", the good example might be King of Fighters XIII. Since the early 1990s, most fighting games allow the player to execute special attacks by performing specific input combinations - Mortal Kombat X. Fighting games genre is related to but distinct from beat 'em ups, which involve large numbers of enemies against the human player.
Due to the high popularity of these games all the gamers go to websites where they can download free fighting games or buy fighting games. There are a lot of fighting games for PC, but also many such games were released exclusively for consoles.
The most iconic fighting game is Street Fighter V.
Fighting games Games by genres
- Action (1255)Traditional (461)Action-adventure (335)Survival horror (166)Third-person shooter (129)Games for kids (48)Survival (15)Maze (4)Party (1)
- RPG (702)Shooter (421)Sports (315)Turn-based strategy (157)Flight (110)Tower Defense (31)Real-time tactics (15)Card games (3)
- Simulation (699)First-person shooter (419)Real-time strategy (284)Indie (156)Economic Simulation (108)Extreme sports (7)The Visual novel (2)
- Adventure (640)Puzzle (373)Platformer (225)Online Games (150)Stealth (81)Hunting (19)
- Strategy (532)Racing (342)Fighting (193)Arcade (131)Life simulation game (61)Shoot 'em up (17)Neo-noir (4)Thriller (1)