Platformer games are video games which involves guiding an avatar to jump between suspended platforms, like LEGO Marvel Super Heroes and/or over obstacles to advance the game. Platformer games are known as jumping puzzles or freerunning, a great example would be Sonic Adventure 2. In platformer games player controls the jumps to avoid letting the avatar fall from platforms or miss necessary jumps. The most common unifying element of platformer games is the jump button, but now there are other alternative like swiping in touchscreen, one of them is here -Storm in a Teacup. These mechanics, even in the context of other genres, are commonly called platforming, a verbification of platform, like Super Mario Maker. Games where jumping is automated completely, such as 3D games in The Legend of Zelda series, fall outside of the genre.
Due to the high popularity of these games all the gamers go to websites where they can download free platformer games or buy platformer games. There are a lot of platformer games for PC, but also many such games were released exclusively for consoles.
Platformer games Games by genres
- Action (1255)Traditional (461)Action-adventure (335)Survival horror (167)Third-person shooter (129)Games for kids (48)Survival (15)Maze (4)Party (1)
- RPG (702)Shooter (421)Sports (316)Turn-based strategy (157)Flight (110)Tower Defense (31)Real-time tactics (15)Card games (3)
- Simulation (700)First-person shooter (420)Real-time strategy (284)Indie (156)Economic Simulation (108)Extreme sports (7)The Visual novel (2)
- Adventure (640)Puzzle (373)Platformer (225)Online Games (150)Stealth (81)Hunting (19)
- Strategy (532)Racing (342)Fighting (193)Arcade (131)Life simulation game (61)Shoot 'em up (17)Neo-noir (4)Thriller (1)