Tower defense games (or informally TD) is a subgenre of strategy video game where the goal is to defend a player's territories or possessions by obstructing enemy attackers, like in Cubemen 2, usually achieved by placing defensive structures on or along their path of attack. This typically means building a variety of different structures that serve to automatically block, impede, attack or destroy enemies, like Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time. Tower defense games is seen as a subgenre of real-time strategy video games, due to its real-time origins, though many modern tower defense games - like Defense Grid: The Awakening - include aspects of turn-based strategy. Strategic choice and positioning of defensive elements is an essential strategy of tower defense games.
Due to the high popularity of these games all the gamers go to websites where they can download free tower defense games or buy tower defense games. There are a lot of tower defense games for PC like Anomaly Korea, but also many such games were released exclusively for consoles.
The most iconic tower defense game is iBomber Defense Pacific.
Tower defence games Games by genres
- Action (1255)Traditional (461)Action-adventure (335)Survival horror (166)Third-person shooter (129)Games for kids (48)Survival (15)Maze (4)Party (1)
- RPG (702)Shooter (421)Sports (315)Turn-based strategy (157)Flight (110)Tower Defense (31)Real-time tactics (15)Card games (3)
- Simulation (699)First-person shooter (419)Real-time strategy (284)Indie (156)Economic Simulation (108)Extreme sports (7)The Visual novel (2)
- Adventure (640)Puzzle (373)Platformer (225)Online Games (150)Stealth (81)Hunting (19)
- Strategy (532)Racing (342)Fighting (193)Arcade (131)Life simulation game (61)Shoot 'em up (17)Neo-noir (4)Thriller (1)