In computer and video games, a traditional game is a computer program adaptation of a non-computer game (such as a board game or card game - Who Wants to Be a Millionaire). Board games and card games have been around for thousands of years such prior to video games, one of them was Mahjongg: Legends of the Tiles. They are often ported to computer programs because of the ease of access and little need for set up time. They can be played on the internet or LAN between players, like Catan, helping them to become popular to play online.
Traditional games can also be used as a way of gambling online, games like poker or Battle Slots have gained significant popularity on the internet being playable on a number of websites.
Due to the high popularity of these games all the gamers go to websites where they can download free traditional games or buy traditional games. There are a lot of traditional games for PC, but also many such games were released exclusively for consoles.
The most iconic traditional game is Bicycle Solitaire.
Traditional games Games by genres
- Action (1255)Traditional (461)Action-adventure (335)Survival horror (167)Third-person shooter (129)Games for kids (48)Survival (15)Maze (4)Party (1)
- RPG (702)Shooter (421)Sports (316)Turn-based strategy (157)Flight (110)Tower Defense (31)Real-time tactics (15)Card games (3)
- Simulation (700)First-person shooter (420)Real-time strategy (284)Indie (156)Economic Simulation (108)Extreme sports (7)The Visual novel (2)
- Adventure (640)Puzzle (373)Platformer (225)Online Games (150)Stealth (81)Hunting (19)
- Strategy (532)Racing (342)Fighting (193)Arcade (131)Life simulation game (61)Shoot 'em up (17)Neo-noir (4)Thriller (1)