Real-time strategy games (RTS) are video games where the game does not progress incrementally in turns, as it's usually done in strategy games.
In real-time strategy games participant's position and maneuver units and structures under their control to secure areas of the map, like in Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2, and/or destroy their opponents' assets. In typical RTS games, it is possible to create additional units and structures during the course of a game, the good example might be Cossacks: Back to War. This is generally limited by a requirement to expend accumulated resources. Resources in real-time strategy games are in turn garnered by controlling special points on the map and/or possessing certain types of units and structures devoted to this purpose, as in Starcraft: Brood War,. More specifically, typical RTS games feature resource gathering, base building, in-game technological development and indirect control of units.
Due to the high popularity of these games all the gamers go to websites where they can download free real-time strategy games or buy real-time strategy games, like Age of Empires. There are a lot of RTS games for PC, but also many such games were released exclusively for consoles.
The most iconic real-time strategy game is Command & Conquer: Generals — Zero Hour.
Real-time strategy games Games by genres
- Action (1196)Traditional (461)Action-adventure (322)Survival horror (160)Third-person shooter (127)Games for kids (48)Survival (12)Party (1)
- RPG (674)Shooter (414)Sports (295)Online Games (150)Economic Simulation (107)Tower Defense (31)Real-time tactics (12)Card games (3)
- Simulation (665)First-person shooter (407)Real-time strategy (273)Turn-based strategy (147)Flight (105)Extreme sports (7)The Visual novel (2)
- Adventure (614)Puzzle (370)Platformer (213)Indie (133)Stealth (76)Hunting (19)Neo-noir (4)
- Strategy (508)Racing (328)Fighting (178)Arcade (128)Life simulation game (61)Shoot 'em up (17)Maze (4)Thriller (1)