Puzzle games are video games that emphasize puzzle solving. The types of puzzles can test many problem-solving skills including logic, pattern recognition, like Trine 2, sequence solving, and word completion. The player may have unlimited time or attempts to solve a puzzle in puzzle games, as in Scribblenauts Unlimited, or there may be simple puzzles made difficult by having to complete them in real-time, as in Tetris or Penumbra.
Puzzle games focus on logical and conceptual challenges, although often puzzle games add time-pressure or other action-elements, the good example would be Triple Town. Although many action games and adventure games involve puzzles such as obtaining inaccessible objects, true puzzle games focus on puzzle solving as the primary gameplay activity, like Peggle 2. Games usually involve shapes, colors, or symbols, and the player must directly or indirectly manipulate them into a specific pattern.
Due to the high popularity of these games all the gamers go to websites where they can download free puzzle games or buy puzzle games. There are a lot of puzzle games for PC, but also many such games were released exclusively for consoles.
Puzzle games Games by genres
- Action (1185)Traditional (461)Action-adventure (316)Survival horror (158)Indie (123)Games for kids (48)Real-time tactics (12)Party (1)
- RPG (670)Shooter (414)Sports (291)Online Games (150)Economic Simulation (107)Tower Defense (31)Survival (11)Card games (3)
- Simulation (660)First-person shooter (404)Real-time strategy (273)Turn-based strategy (147)Flight (105)Extreme sports (7)The Visual novel (2)
- Adventure (612)Puzzle (369)Platformer (211)Arcade (128)Stealth (74)Hunting (19)Neo-noir (4)
- Strategy (504)Racing (322)Fighting (177)Third-person shooter (126)Life simulation game (61)Shoot 'em up (17)Maze (4)Thriller (1)