Survival horror games are the variety of survival games that include horror elements - Dead Space, like jumpscares, terrible NPCs that pop out of nowhere or a twisted plot that forces you to think you're being watched, as in Dying Light. The main characteristics of survival horror games is to make gamer feel like "they" are near, "they" are coming for you, etc. At the same time, you need to solve puzzles or to go through adventures, like in Doom 3. Or maybe you're just accumulating your resources and something scares you, and you need to run away from the threat.
Another important part of survival horror games is that you can't actually fight the enemy, Prototype demonstrates this characteristics. The only thing you can do is hide or run away. This makes you even more scared.
Due to the high popularity of these games all the gamers go to websites where they can download free survival horror games or buy survival horror games. There are a lot of survival horror games for PC, but also many such games were released exclusively for consoles.
The most iconic survival horror game is Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
Survival horror games Games by genres
- Action (1223)Traditional (461)Action-adventure (328)Survival horror (164)Arcade (128)Games for kids (48)Survival (14)Party (1)
- RPG (690)Shooter (416)Sports (304)Turn-based strategy (152)Economic Simulation (107)Tower Defense (31)Real-time tactics (12)Card games (3)
- Simulation (677)First-person shooter (415)Real-time strategy (276)Online Games (150)Flight (107)Extreme sports (7)The Visual novel (2)
- Adventure (623)Puzzle (371)Platformer (218)Indie (145)Stealth (79)Hunting (19)Neo-noir (4)
- Strategy (520)Racing (331)Fighting (183)Third-person shooter (129)Life simulation game (61)Shoot 'em up (17)Maze (4)Thriller (1)