Turn-based strategy is a popular genre of video games and a subgenre for strategy games. In comparison with another popular strategy - real-time strategy - in this type of games the players are making their moves in turn (that is one after another). Usually, turn-based strategies have the warlike atmosphere and plot, but not always.
Turn-based strategy is not only the genre of video games. First such strategies were the board games, for example, chess. But now turn-based strategy video games are very popular, so this term usually concerns to them.
One of the main signs of turn-based strategies is the non-importance of time. Of course, each gamer should make his move during the definite time, but this period is rather long, so your victory doesn't depend on fast moves and good reaction. The gamer can play with other people (one or several) via Internet, or with computer. In many turn-based strategies these two modes can be combined or gamer may choose the one, he likes more.
Genres Games by genres
- Action (710)Strategy (317)Racing (195)Turn-based strategy (112)Survival horror (65)Tower Defense (30)
- Traditional (431)First-person shooter (309)Sports (173)Arcade (101)Flight (64)Hunting (18)
- RPG (420)Puzzle (278)Action-adventure (161)Third-person shooter (99)Life simulation game (50)Extreme sports (2)
- Simulation (392)Shooter (273)Platformer (148)Economic Simulation (85)Games for kids (43)
- Adventure (371)Real-time strategy (226)Online Games (121)Fighting (78)Stealth (37)