Strategy game or strategic game is a game (e.g. video or board game) in which the players' uncoerced, and often autonomous decision-making skills have a high significance in determining the outcome: Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth shows the best experience of strategy games. Almost all strategy games require internal decision tree style thinking, and typically very high situational awareness - good old Age of Empires III demonstrates a good example as well.
Strategy games are categorized based on whether they offer the continuous gameplay of real-time strategy (RTS), like in Cossacks 3, or the discrete phases of turn-based strategy (TBS). The main point of any of strategy games is to keep to the certain strategy depending on characteristics of the game.
Due to the high popularity of these games all the gamers go to websites where they can download free strategy games or buy strategy games. There are a lot of strategy games for PC, like Total War: Rome II, but also many such games were released exclusively for consoles.
The most iconic strategy game is Age of Wonders III.
Strategy games Games by genres
- Action (1210)Traditional (461)Action-adventure (325)Survival horror (163)Third-person shooter (128)Games for kids (48)Survival (14)Party (1)
- RPG (680)Shooter (415)Sports (299)Online Games (150)Economic Simulation (107)Tower Defense (31)Real-time tactics (12)Card games (3)
- Simulation (672)First-person shooter (412)Real-time strategy (273)Turn-based strategy (150)Flight (106)Extreme sports (7)The Visual novel (2)
- Adventure (617)Puzzle (370)Platformer (216)Indie (136)Stealth (77)Hunting (19)Neo-noir (4)
- Strategy (511)Racing (330)Fighting (179)Arcade (128)Life simulation game (61)Shoot 'em up (17)Maze (4)Thriller (1)